CarpeNoctem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Official COIL IRC
Official COIL channel
Savage 2 Irc channel
Savage 2 Irc channel

S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)

Go down 
+3
Eragom
xnixnix
Ikearumba
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Empty
PostSubject: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Cross posting from S2 forums in case any of you dont read it Razz

The next event on the S2uesday minigames tournament is going to be the Newerth rally! Details below:

WHAT?
Its a Savage 2 minigame tournament - the Newerth Rally. This involves all players taking a steambuchet and rallying around a set of three maps.
(desolation, hiddenvillage and bunker) Use of flaming meteors is encouraged! If your vehicle is destroyed, you are out of that particular race.

WHERE?
Hopefully Stony can provide a server, on Tuesday 27th October at 1900GMT (thats 2000 COIL game time). The password will be posted on this forum thread
on the day, and will be handed out by myself or stony with skype/pm. To guarantee a place - sign up here or send me a message, this will be restricted
to 12-15 players or so.

DETAILS:
Formula 1 style points system: 10 8 6 5 4 3 2 1 for 1st-8th place. Overall winner is highest point scorer for all 3 races.

Clan Championship award : The clan with the highest total pts from entrants will win the Clan champion award.

Prizes: Custom Sigs, Kudos and youtube video footage!

Cheers all, sign up if you can come along!
(ideas for npc options welcome - get rid of them or keep?)

MAP ROUTES BELOW (go see em on the S2 forum or my photobucket Razz )
Back to top Go down
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Ikearumba wrote:
Cross posting from S2 forums in case any of you dont read it Razz

The next event on the S2uesday minigames tournament is going to be the Newerth rally! Details below:

WHAT?
Its a Savage 2 minigame tournament - the Newerth Rally. This involves all players taking a steambuchet and rallying around a set of three maps.
(desolation, hiddenvillage and bunker) Use of flaming meteors is encouraged! If your vehicle is destroyed, you are out of that particular race.

WHERE?
Hopefully Stony can provide a server, on Tuesday 27th October at 1900GMT (thats 2000 COIL game time). The password will be posted on this forum thread
on the day, and will be handed out by myself or stony with skype/pm. To guarantee a place - sign up here or send me a message, this will be restricted
to 12-15 players or so.

DETAILS:
Formula 1 style points system: 10 8 6 5 4 3 2 1 for 1st-8th place. Overall winner is highest point scorer for all 3 races.

Clan Championship award : The clan with the highest total pts from entrants will win the Clan champion award.

Prizes: Custom Sigs, Kudos and youtube video footage!

Cheers all, sign up if you can come along!
(ideas for npc options welcome - get rid of them or keep?)

MAP ROUTES BELOW (go see em on the S2 forum or my photobucket Razz )

Will be there of course - and this time not full with a tubload of wine! - One thing, maybe you should update the rules about how many laps are taken, and what happens to a player when he dies (aka no spawning as a unit and obstructing, killing racers) Concerning npcs, We should remove them if they are too close to the racing track. A troll or soulman that chases players all through the game would add too much of an element of randomness imo. I bet eragom could remove them for us in 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:16 pm

I think (although I might be wrong) that theres a server side command to remove all NPCs?
If not, help me eragom your my only hope!

It will be 1 lap each, and exploding means your out of that map, i'll post those rules up properly with the sign up sheet on the Savage 2 Forums on Saturday or Sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:25 pm

I've just put the sign up post on the forums, xnix - you're in

if you guys want to play - sign up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:31 pm

[quote="Ikearumba"]I think (although I might be wrong) that theres a server side command to remove all NPCs?
If not, help me eragom your my only hope!

S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Celebrity-pictures-leia-r2d2-what-click

offtopic: lol nix
on: i'm in too Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Just talked to Darkstrider - he says desolation and village are no probs as the NPCs wont respawn, He's knocking up a NPC free version of bunker to use on the day!
Back to top Go down
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Who did that to my post! I'm not that schizophrenic (I think) affraid
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:32 pm

Oh sorry, seeing this just now.
So if you want i can easilie make a map for the race? In few minutes, without any npcs but a real race road. Would be kind of fun Wink
If you not want i can also remove the npcs of a existing map.

Tell me what to do and i will do it!

Going to see your answer, soon (want to start the map^^)

Btw, do you want more a larger map with a long road, or a little one with only a short but therefore maybe more rounds?
Or maybe i can make a map with 2-3 different rounds.
If you give me some more time, i can include also some scripting work, (you can spawn only as steambuchet and stuff you know)
Back to top Go down
https://carpenoctem.forumieren.com
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:21 pm

Eragom wrote:
Oh sorry, seeing this just now.
So if you want i can easilie make a map for the race? In few minutes, without any npcs but a real race road. Would be kind of fun Wink
If you not want i can also remove the npcs of a existing map.

Tell me what to do and i will do it!

Going to see your answer, soon (want to start the map^^)

Btw, do you want more a larger map with a long road, or a little one with only a short but therefore maybe more rounds?
Or maybe i can make a map with 2-3 different rounds.
If you give me some more time, i can include also some scripting work, (you can spawn only as steambuchet and stuff you know)

I would definitely lilke to see a race map, just consider that steambuchets cant really accelerate very fast, so not many straight lanes are needed. Tight spots and hard (but not impossible)
areas to maneuver would probably be good for some lulz.

Still no one admitting to editing my previous post? Out of the closet mods!
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:53 am

I swear I did not.
The steambuche racing map should also have this S curve, but you could go straight if there were steambuches in the S curve,
you could drive over them. You would be risking getting hit by a flaming rock from under tho Smile
....................../|\
................. /*****
.................| *****\
................ \_____ |
..................... ____/
....................../|\
...................... |
............... Shortcut
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:47 am

Use your decision making skills on the map, i'm planning just for 1 lap races, so make it a reasonable distance Smile
Plenty of bends and options for fire throwing are good ideas!

I'll include whatever you make by next tuesday if they pass a quick test drive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas
Yoshitsune

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:48 am

i didnt do it either..."looks to picture of shmek hanging on wall"
sry, but on tuesdays im often busy---> probly wont make it
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Ive also got a map from the racing mod - check the S2 forum posts to have a look!
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:02 pm

not really "s" form, maybe u could do one longer, but with an alternate (shorter) road full of npcs / rocks /trees, so the decision will be still hard Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:18 pm

only a couple of guaranteed spots left, signup if you want in!
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:00 pm

But should i build now a map? Or do we use the racing-mod (the mod has surely more features).
Btw i had an idea for the next Tuesday event:
I'm building atm a map (name: Can you reach the sky?), in which you have to climb up a construction out of many different entities, like the basic towers but also many others, which you don't think of.
I can let you test you before, to see what's like. But i think its kinda fun Wink

It's then a race too, only in the sky, where you have to show how skilled you are.
Tell me what you think about.

WfG
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm

Reach the sky can be used in tempest wars Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Yeah, i set later a server up, to show you whats its like. I think its kinda fun Smile
Here's a little screen, what it will look like:

S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Preview1h
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:22 pm

but i think the steambuchets won't pass thos obstacles ( example : they can't jump Wink )
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas
Yoshitsune

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:34 pm

just played on it------>awesome....
omg eragom just had an awesome idea...how bout CAPTURE THE FLAG for that map? or a different map
btw, KUDOS to eragom, the god of map-making
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Looks good eragom! Perhaps we can run it as a time - trial, best time to get to the top wins the prize?

Capture the flag would be a good mod to run too, but would require a fair amount more work? Smile

We'll definitely run that as next tuesdays event though, looks great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Hah, shmek just outed himself on the sav2 forums as the wily editor of my post. True sins will always come to light!
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Had a thought for your reach the sky map, we run it as two challenges:

1 : Run for the Sky - from a start line run to the top as fast as possible, fastest time wins (marksmen)

2 : Fight for the Sky - everyone at once starts and fights to the top. (any unit) If you die you can respawn at the bottom and try again. Score 1 Pt for each successful run to the top (then jump down and start fighting up again!) Runs for a set time (10mins?) and person with highest total pts wins!

Let me know what you think eragom and if that could fit it well Question
Back to top Go down
Laurence the Numbrained
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:23 pm

shmekerashu wrote:
but i think the steambuchets won't pass thos obstacles ( example : they can't jump S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_wink )

you can make them jump...give them more abilities...let them spend stamina to sprint...let them charge etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:19 am

Thank you guys for the rly good comments Very Happy
But im not a god^^
Yoshitsune wrote:
KUDOS to eragom, the god of map-making
I only like it to make maps/mods.

Btw Ikearumba i already added some things more, not just the simple map Wink (You know me, that would be to easy xD)

I made only the Marksman able to be played - new name: Runner, with 2 new spells: Speed-Boost and Frost-Shock (Freezes an enemy player for 4 seconds).
Some teleport stations (Because on the first picture you saw this high tower, takes a bit to long to climb it, so i made a teleport to top, because the real race starts first then. (If you want we can leave the portal also out, your decision)
A Secret room at the end, something where the players can met each other, but only these, who got it.
And some more effects and secrets (dont want to say which one, play it and find it out^^, also some traps :O)

Btw i can set a server up to any time, just write to me in skype, im all day/night long on.

PS: I have a nice idea for a reward on the S2Tuesdays, when this map gets played. The winner gets a own unit in the secret-room at the end, with his name ans stuff you know? Could be kinda fun Smile And everybody who plays the map then, sees the succesfull winner.

Look here for the own thread, with some pictures and stuff: LINK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)   S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S2tuesday event : The Newerth Rally (xpost)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next