CarpeNoctem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Official COIL IRC
Official COIL channel
Savage 2 Irc channel
Savage 2 Irc channel

Cunning commander tactics

Go down 
+5
Hazza
Eragom
Taawus
Critikal
Ikearumba
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

Cunning commander tactics Empty
PostSubject: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 pm

I've tried my hand at commanding a bit recently and find it both entertaining and potentially the most frustrating thing ever!

What sneaky commander tactics do you employ?

This could include:

buffing your saplings/Jmen and taking down pesky enemies after an easy kill, or sending em in to take down a low health sub/gar

taking an unexpected mine as the opening sub, this seems to work a treat!

dispelling a chaplain on shield of sol, or tempest on invis (I like to imagine the look on their faces Shocked )

constantly picking on one player on the opposing team with debuffs until you get a reaction

I am in need of more amusement when im in the comm chair so give me moar options! king
Back to top Go down
Critikal
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:15 pm

This is what i do (no1 complained yet):

1. Always have multiple plans. Minimum is plan A and B. Bd isn't considered a plan, that's a desperate measure. Build tech according to ur plan. It's not a must to use the same plan on the same map. U must be able to adapt according to the situation and ur teammates. If u have a good team u can try more advanced stuff.

2. Ur skills must always be on recharge, especially heal. Rez is to be used only when ppl ask (this is a need before greed spell). Recall only on request or when u consider it fit. Dispel mostly on ask, otherwise when u consider it fit. It has low recharge anyway. Buffs/Debuffs must always be on recharge.

3. Giving ur teammates a lot of spawn points is vital to winning a game. Allowing them to attack a spot from 2 sides gives a 50% higher chance of winning. Spawn points create opportunities and give ur team more flexibility.

4. Communicating with ppl is also important and always let ur team know what u wanna do.

5. 50% of ur team is ur comm.

These are my principles and guidelines Wink
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Ikearumba wrote:

dispelling a chaplain on shield of sol, or tempest on invis (I like to imagine the look on their faces Shocked )
You ass! Thats why i died once....

Ikearumba wrote:

I am in need of more amusement when im in the comm chair so give me moar options! king

Tell them to form a smiley. For the heavens!
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 pm

Sounds rly nice!!!
Quote :
I know this!^^ I would give much to see their faces Laughing

Quote :
5. 50% of ur team is ur comm.
This i think is not everytime true and i hate it when people say its only the comms fault and not their, if they loose...
(I mean sometimes it is but not every time)
Back to top Go down
https://carpenoctem.forumieren.com
Critikal
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:48 am

Almost every time
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:55 am

Yeah I think good comm makes a big difference, I find constantly badgering my team with updates on where the enemy are helps...even if it just annoys them into killing them so i'm quiet and not giving % updates on the health of an outpost Very Happy

Another good tactic i've found is to draw a circle (or ping) and say "group for buff" - strangely enough it works more than 50% of the time to get 5/6 in together for an armour buff

All said and done tho, if you end up with an entire team of lone wolf ranging scouts....good luck Razz
Back to top Go down
Hazza
Admin
Admin
Hazza

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 am

1:
Debuffing shield of wisdom.

2:
Cripple debuff a sacrifice rusher

3:
Say you have CD but you have the buff ready but you dont want to give it to the person.

4:
If youre winning or loosing place useless gars/subs in their base

5:
Speed buff your team when they are fighting (1 hit and the speed is gone)

6:
Heal your team at full hp

7:
Armor buff your team when no enemys are there

8:
Select a sub/gar -> move it over a friendly unit -> Rotate it like crazy -> move it where he goes
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:18 pm

critikal, i don't agree that bd is a desperate action.....
even if u're not losing and the teams are even, u MUST do this to win, and this move isn't desperate, is needed infact......
if u're losing the bd is a 2nd chance 4 your team to win, so it's just another way to win, not a desperate action......
if your team's sf is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower than enemy's, from the begining the only way to win is a bd, and it's not a desperate thing, it's the ONLY way u could win with teams so uneven......

and it's not comm's fault almost every time that team lose, it is because the players that don't listen to orders (like rush n-w, and they go east, or i don't know, thing like this), or because the players are too noobish, or because the players don't know how to defend the fucking siege (god damnit, this is the biggest problem, if the players would def the siege, a lot more games would be won by the team that WOULD REALLY def the siege), or because the players don't know to do a siege rush from bd (like we need 5-10 sieges and only 3 come, even if the players HAVE enough money)-------------->IN THIS CASES IT ISN'T COMM'S FAULT, and this cases are at almost every game Sad
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Siege is a bitch to defend. Only way to defend siege on humies is to have an army of builders on your disposal. For beasts, just outzerg them.
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 pm

but at least players should try to def siege, not just do anything else^^
Back to top Go down
Critikal
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Shmek, 7 times out of 10 it's comm's fault if u lose and this is based on statistics. (do u know how many times i lose when i comm ? i wouldn't wanna brag). If u need a bd when teams are even then u are a poor commander. When teams are even comm makes the diffrence. Ofc it happens that ppl don't listen all the time but a good comm works with what he has.

Bd is a desperate action even if u don't agree with me Razz If u look read ur text u'll realize u said the same thing.
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:49 pm

god damnit, u still don't get it.......
let me tell u straight......
u never played a 2hours game when the teams are so even, that THE ONLY WAY 4 a team to win is to BD the OTHER TEAM.......it doesn't mean it's a poor commander, it means it's a skilled commander, that really CAN BD a skilled team......
and i didn't said that bd is a desperate thing, i said that BD is a LAST HOPE 4 a silly person or LOSING TEAM.......4 u last hope = desperate thing??.....now really, let's be honest Basketball
and a comm that can bd another team that is better than his is a skilled comm, not a poor one, or a desperate one, because he GIVES HIS LOSING TEAM A WIN against A TEAM THAT IS WAY BETTER THAN HIS.......and now really, 4 u skilled = desperate??

AND, now to be honest again, IF U HAVE A silly person TEAM, that does nothing, or if u have ONLY 3-4 good players in a team, u can't win a game, cuz u don't have who to play with......and it means it's comm's fault, that he has only noobs or not enough good players??.......the team, its skills and its fighting makes more than 50% of that teams chances to win, so if that team loses, it's NOT comm's fault!!
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:53 am

I'm off the fence nao and I'l point this out.
BD, not a skilled comm, more of skilled sneakers.
Preventing BD, more skilled comm who watches for any possible openings, and skilled persistant marksmen/hunters.
Back to top Go down
WoooTzZ
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas
WoooTzZ

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:15 am

Absolute MUST...

Draw swear words on the mini map if you are winning.

Spam your clan mates with debuffs. Very Happy

Dispell Lego's from their buff, whatever it's called... The one where you take damage if you hit them.

Dispell Savages if they have Extra Damage buff and are going near your subs or base.

In big maps say, "Ok guys, north sub going up" In all chat then say "OSHIT wrong chat lol!" And make sure you are not building north but you are building somewhere else! MISLEAD THEM!
Back to top Go down
Critikal
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:29 am

BDing is doesn't make anyone skilled. It means that u caught the moment when they weren't paying attention. I'm not saying giving ur team a winning chance isn't good but that doesn't turn BD into strategy from desperate measure. If u build BD cause ur team has no chance of winning otherwise that means u are desperate to win and therefore BD is a DESPERATE MEASURE as being a last resort. I didn't say this makes it a bad thing. U have to do anything in ur power to win. Think.

If the teams SF is balanced during a match and 1 of the teams looses it's either team play (and this can be enforced by comm), or purely comm. Ofc if 1 of the teams has a big SF difference than the other it's not comm's fault, well not necessarily. That's why i said that ALMOST every time it's comm's fault.

Just for the record: I've never played a balanced game and lost as comm. NEVER EVER !
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:49 am

Sometimes the sf can be misleading tho - I commed a game the other game where we were only slightly down in sf (89-82) yet the other team continually pushed ours back the entire game (Its that map with the grimms walls) I built forward gars where needed, managed to get them ahead in tech, put towers in and buffed/debuffed constantly but they were just continually pushed back. Think it might have had to do with the 2 dedicated shammies powering Urk through dozens of enemies at a time Very Happy

In the end I had to go for BD but didn't have any really experiences sneakers and was spotted.

I guess my point is - don't think I did anything wrong as comm, sf was pretty even but their teamplay or individual fighting skills were better - trying my best to enforce the teamplay doesn't really work on a lot of people, they either are team players or not Very Happy

I guess in summary - the commander is in the position to make the most difference, but if his team wont play well together than hes doomed anyway! Smile

Check match ID 143385 - that was some commanding entertainment for me, especially with a malphed Critikal tearing through the opposing team for you lol!
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:26 am

critikal, u still don't understand that it's not true that ALMOST every time is comm's fault, no??

i told u why......cuz either u have a silly person team, and the comm can't do much in this situation......either your team don't know what's teamplay.......either u don't have enough skilled players........so IT'S NOT COMM'S FAULT ALMOST EVERY TIME, the losing or winning is most influenced by the action players, if they are silly person or not, if they know what is teamplay or not, if they know to use a character or not, if they know to do a good rush on a garr/sub or not......the team's win/lose is more in the hands of the action players than comm's Wink

and yet the bd isn't a desperate thing, cuz it's sometimes THE ONLY WAY to lead your team to victory.......if u think this only way is a desperate action, then continue believing that bd is a desperate action, but the truth is that a last way to victory is not a desperate thing Wink
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:23 pm

shmekerashu wrote:
but the truth is that a last way to victory is not a desperate thing Wink
My, Shmek, do you contradict yourself much lately?
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:59 pm

i said that IS NOT, if u don't know to read Razz
Back to top Go down
Critikal
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:30 pm

last resort = desperation

comm > action players

I wasn't expecting u to understand tho Wink
Back to top Go down
WoooTzZ
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas
WoooTzZ

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Own Shmekerashu's arse, Critikal! Show him who's boss! Commander the hell out of him! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Critikal
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:54 pm

Now i have the game to prove it Cool and the witness that played it Wink
Back to top Go down
WoooTzZ
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas
WoooTzZ

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:25 am

Yeah, epic commanding by Critikal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:54 am

okay, u won, i'm tired to fight with u about something that is between us, not totally like me, but not totally like u, because there are games that are/aren't won because of the commander, and games that are/aren't won because of the noob/newbies/unskilled players that are composing it^^

si akm, in caz ca nu stiai, se spune ca cel mai destept cedeaza^^
si kiar ma mir k te'ai pus la mintea mea, da' ma rog.....parka ziceai k ai 27 de ani sau kam asa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Critikal
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:37 pm

nu-s asa batran, is inca in faculta Razz oricum asa se face o dezbatere. argumente si contraargumente. cine are cele mai multe castiga Smile oricum daca vrei sa te tratez ca un copil si sa nu-mi pun mintea cu tine spune Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunning commander tactics   Cunning commander tactics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunning commander tactics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next