CarpeNoctem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Official COIL IRC
Official COIL channel
Savage 2 Irc channel
Savage 2 Irc channel

Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)

Go down 
+3
Yoshitsune
xnixnix
Eragom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Empty
PostSubject: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:19 am

Long time ago, races were held - ordinary and less ordinary.
Those where you put his life on the game, were banned. But nevertheless these races have come back: Sky-Race - Can you reach the sky?
Be the first survivor at the top of the sky-construction and become immortalized in the secret room!

Features:
-Obstacle-Race with some traps
-many secrets guarantee a long time play factor
-a special unit can be played: The Runner, with two unique spells: Frost-Shock and Speed-Boost. (More will come)
-teleport to first stage, if you dont want to climb the first tower

Coming-soon:
-Gate at beginning, opens after 60seconds, so all players starting together at the same time
-time-display at the end - who long will you need to reach the sky?
-and much more

Ingame-Screenshots:

Secret-Room, one half:
Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) 19063493

A look up, many ways and obstacles, solve them to reach the top!
Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) 41952649

The Runner - 2 new unique spells!
Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) 49378193
Back to top Go down
https://carpenoctem.forumieren.com
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:00 am

wow, very cool - this is becoming a nice mod in itself! Do you want me to ask any of the serveradmins, if they could set up a testserver for this? You wouldn't need to host it on your home machine then.
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am

Would be very nice thank you!!! Very Happy Because my home server (my computer^^) can only afford few ppl before it becomes laggy...
But i need to work a bit at the map, atm its a bit free, if you understand.
Players can start with race whenever they want, i want to add a door, which opens after a time and then is closed again.
I'll see.
But big thx!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas
Yoshitsune

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:47 am

u changed it to night! Smile
good, good
Back to top Go down
Laurence the Numbrained
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:38 am

since "the runner" will have MOAR abilities...why not add more different runners.
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:41 pm

Laurence the Numbrained wrote:
since "the runner" will have MOAR abilities...why not add more different runners.
I demand my trapmaster.
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:31 pm

If there's time to add more classes then all good, we can run this event in two forms, with a time trial to the top for quickest runners, and a fight to the top.

Questions:

For time trial i'd be in spec mode and set em off from the start line, then stop the clock when they reach the top. One/two attempts each? Or just forget time trial and stick to "battle mode"?

For fight to the top - run several races all starting at same time, with top three finishers getting points? In hindsight I think this will be easier than the continuous run through!

I think making the overall winner a statue in the secret room is a top idea, add it as part of the prize!
Back to top Go down
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Eragom: I talked with eaxs on IRC about whether he would mind hosting this map/mod on his sever he shares with stony. He said it would be no problem and that you should contact stony for the technical stuff. Hop on IRC and you will probably catch him there sometime this afternoon or evening.
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Ok great stuff! Smile
I will add more runners, if you give me some ideas for spells Smile, one has for example less hp therefore he can run faster or has more/better spells...etc.
I'll contact stony. Thx for that xnixnix Very Happy
But i need to run some test first, best thing would be with our clan, so if anybody has time for testing --> best thing write to me in skype(eragom3), because i cant check this forum every 10min^^

WfG

I have copied this thread now also in the S2 forum: HERE
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:10 pm

eragom, did u changed what the malph said, this means "Stop staring at me, u pervert?" ....... or u still didn't applied my idea? xD Basketball
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Ah right, xD I tried it but it was too long, you couldnt see the whole sentence. I need a shorter one sry...
Btw i added some stuff to the map now Smile
2 Classes now:
Speed Stamina Spells
Runner-Caster 190 150 Teleport, Mind-Warp, Freeze
Runner-Speed 250 300 Speed-Boost

Need more ideas for spells and stuff, so be constructive Razz
Back to top Go down
Laurence the Numbrained
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:32 pm

I dont think the speed difference should be that great...Runner should be slightly faster and have more stamina but other charecters should be able to catch up(and be faster with use of abilities)

I assume caster uses chaplain model...

So how about a savage runner...
He can be called venom
Poison blades(like hunter)
acid spray(blind Smile
RAGE!(LETS HIM RUN REALLY FAST BUT TAKE MORE DAMAGE)

melee should be really weak in race mod...but some charecters should be a bit stronger at melee!!!!(forcing other guys to start again LULZ)
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:36 pm

I dont think things should get over complicated tho - max 3 units? Concentrate on making the course as awesome as possible Smile

would it be possible to add a timer from when the race starts - to when people finish, like the racemod does?
That would mean I wouldn't have to time/sort out who finishes in what order
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Ok this numbers for speed were only my idea, need some improvements, but the spells are kinda good teleport over 1000 distance, and freeze for 4 seconds. I wanna test this, but i need atleast one more player!

The thing with the timer should be no problem, i start it at beginning and end it when the first reaches the top, ok?
Beside that at the moment is melee fully disabled, you cant fight. I will see if i add this, maybe a teamrace? human vs beast? would be a bit easier, because then i dont need to add every player in a new team, never made this...

The savage idea is kinda nice (atm both runners uses the scout as model, but i can change that easily).
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 am

Just thinking - as savage soccer is already running fine, shall I run that next week so you have an extra week to tweak and add stuff to the sky race map?
Think this may work well also as damnit has just announced a savage soccer league so they'll be looking for a promotion event! Smile

(also gives us time to sort out more test runs!)
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Ok no problem, then this week soccer and next one the sky-race Wink
Do you have time this evening? For a test run. Everybody is welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Yes I could probs come on this evening for a go Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)   Sky-Race (Obstacle-map) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky-Race (Obstacle-map)
Page 1 of 1