CarpeNoctem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Official COIL IRC
Official COIL channel
Savage 2 Irc channel
Savage 2 Irc channel

Playing without runes

Go down 
+3
shmekerashu
Taawus
xnixnix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

Playing without runes Empty
PostSubject: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:54 am

Think of numb what you want, but he actually made a good suggestion to play without runes in pubs. It is way more difficult than I expected but think of it as lead vests for basketball players. Getting used to playing without runes against rune players will give you a definite advantage in clan matches when the enemy has no runes too. My SF is surely gonna take a dive now (I wonder where it will level at), but from now on I'm going runeless!
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:04 am

I'l join you on the runeless movement.
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:40 am

great idea!....i'll do it too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hazza
Admin
Admin
Hazza

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:53 am

I totally support this!
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Hazza wrote:
I totally support this!
Even tho he doesn't play S2, you still got support from Hazza.
Back to top Go down
Laurence the Numbrained
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 pm

My sf dived from day 1 as soon as i decided to delete my bear runes(ages ago) but my TRUE skill factor has climbed i feel.

Maybe i should remove all advantages and not use my beaver/dolphin runes too.

I accept, i will go runeless as well Cool
Back to top Go down
Torment
Dead Malphas
Dead Malphas
Torment

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:51 pm

i am gonna stick in opposition
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 pm

u can still get items that make what the runes did.....but it's harder at start bounce
Back to top Go down
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:25 am

Ok, it's been roughly two weeks that I played without runes on pubs to get some training for cws. I thought I'd share my experience here shortly.

The runes I played with were red rune of bears heart and white rune of bears heart. In those two weeks my SF went down from 176 to 169 and
I think it will drop even further and find some steady state at about 160-165. The early game is much harder not only because of the reduced hp and
built in health potions my runes provided but also because I need to invest more money in pots to keep my health up. This also causes that I can buy
other items much later in game further slowing me down. The thing I miss most is not being able to solo a tower as easy as conjurer as it was before
with the runes.

On the more positive side, I think the training effort was well worth the decrease in SF. I adopted my playstyle to be less tanky and have (I hope)
somewhat increased my fighting abilities (though it is still frustrating to lose a 1v1 against a bear runes user, when he only has a sliver of hp left).
I'm really looking forward to the coil match now, to test if my lead vest really had the desired effect. When I specced/refereed to coil matches, it was
very interesting to see that some players really seemed to perform much worse than you would expect from their SF, while others performed very
well even without runes. I hope to be in that second class of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas
Yoshitsune

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 am

i would never abandon my runes--->mostly cuz i payed 20 fricking dollars for em in all, and better use it as much as possible
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:22 am

I forgot the runeless movement. WHOOPS.
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:48 am

Yoshitsune wrote:
i would never abandon my runes--->mostly cuz i payed 20 fricking dollars for em in all, and better use it as much as possible

why did u buyed them when u just can get persistant items?
it's true u need to be lucky o get a good rune, bud i did anyway so i don't need to buy Basketball
Back to top Go down
Torment
Dead Malphas
Dead Malphas
Torment

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:59 pm

when money grows on trees 5$x2 is nothing...
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:20 pm

i think u mean on 4, not on only 2, he said he gave 20$ Razz
Back to top Go down
Torment
Dead Malphas
Dead Malphas
Torment

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:09 am

that won't even fill my car's tank to 1/4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing without runes   Playing without runes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing without runes
Page 1 of 1