HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Official COIL IRC
Official COIL channel
Savage 2 Irc channel
Savage 2 Irc channel

Share | 
 

 CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should Carpe Diem be formed?
Hell yes!
45%
 45% [ 5 ]
Hell no!
18%
 18% [ 2 ]
I like the idea but not the execution....
36%
 36% [ 4 ]
I have no strong feelings either way
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11
 

AuthorMessage
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin


Posts : 753
Join date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:19 pm

Ok guys with 11 active members and 4 or 5 more that we should encourage into playing (WoootzZ, Crit, Urk, Smackdown, Mueilatigani) we have potentially 16 players already in Carpe Noctem.
There are more applications to join, so to gain a good balance to avoid becoming a bloated clan in which its hard to get games because of number of players, and to encourage the Savage 2 Clan Scene I propose the following:

We form a Carpe Noctem 2nd team : Carpe Diem. This team will have a clan leader equivalent to capo status.
Open recruitment invites will place players in carpe diem initially, however shuffles between the two teams is possible. Advantages and disadvantages, along with how I see it working is posted below:

How will it work:
Practices will be Carpe Noctem vs Carpe Diem. This will allow two teams to train together, whilst at the same time evening up the teams as needed as it's one greater clan. This will allow training sessions to become mini-CW's, which is an advantage both for the fun of playing competitively and advancing teamwork.

CW's will be team specific, i.e- a carpe noctem clan war will be open to only members of carpe noctem, unless they are short of players in which case carpe diem players can cover the spaces. (with asking the other team nicely as we are short) Same goes vice versa when Carpe Diem have enough players.

COIL matches (starting jan 10th new season) will have to be team specific, so carpe noctem will enter, and carpe diem if we can be confident that 7 players will be able to turn up to every match.

PRO's and CON's

CON's-
Carpe Vitam may have some issues sorting players into the appropriate team, we don't want any bad feeling or arguments between the two teams, even when playing against each other!

Two clans means you will only see your clan on clan chat, and may have some players in the other clan you want to play with more.

PRO's

This allows us to recruit whilst at the same time giving to the savage 2 clan scene by training and introducing another clan to the competitive scene. With many new players looking for a clan, its a good way of expanding without getting bogged down with too many players.

It will make training fun and add a competitive match every week


Feel free to add your thoughts and comments, this decision will be decided by a one week poll! If it is sucessful then invited applications are open again. If it is rejected then applications are still closed.

Cheers all!








Last edited by Ikearumba on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy


Posts : 534
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 21
Location : Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:07 pm

i like the idea of CarpeDiem, but not like u said it..... Razz
i would see CD like this:

OTHER clan than CN, but, example, in clan wars and COIL, wetake players from CN AND CD and make a team, or one time CN plays, other time CD plays.....this would be better Very Happy
the forum would be the same (this one) for both clans, and we would do CN vs CD training, but still make a team combined from CN and CD for cws / COIL.....if we wouldn't do this, it would be like there are 2 different clans, like CD would be a totally NEW clan, and it shouldn't Razz
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin


Posts : 753
Join date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:45 pm

shmekerashu wrote:
i like the idea of CarpeDiem, but not like u said it..... Razz
i would see CD like this:

OTHER clan than CN, but, example, in clan wars and COIL, wetake players from CN AND CD and make a team, or one time CN plays, other time CD plays.....this would be better Very Happy
the forum would be the same (this one) for both clans, and we would do CN vs CD training, but still make a team combined from CN and CD for cws / COIL.....if we wouldn't do this, it would be like there are 2 different clans, like CD would be a totally NEW clan, and it shouldn't Razz

There's two problems there shmek:

Firstly, say we have 20 active players. That means the first 7 to sign up play, which means 13 people dont play. The point of a clan is to play in competitive games, and if you only have a 7 in 20 chance to do so it defeats the point. I can see people getting frustrated when 7 quickly sign up for a CW or COIL, and everyone else can't play. (If you do rotation instead, that means you will play half the number of games....why would we want that?)

Secondly, and more importantly - the main issue I have with recruiting more people is that the savage clan scene is small. Very small. There are a couple more clans coming into action but MORE clans are needed. If we take more players than we need without making a second competitive team, then we're shooting savage 2 clan scene in the foot by doing so.

I'm fully against CN having one competitive team with 20+ active players, it makes no sense to me!
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy


Posts : 534
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 21
Location : Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:57 pm

we don't have 20+ active players, but anyway, u're right......though it seems that we can't get 7players for cw with epic, and i say we should kick clan members that ARE PLAYING but are not active on forums.....and we are not sure of 7players for the cw with SoN too, if u can come we are 7 but if u can't......and anyway, we should accept Croat anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas


Posts : 292
Join date : 2009-08-09
Age : 20
Location : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:15 pm

i see this as a huge problem as well shmek

i find it insulting that we give ppl spots on this clan, when they dont do shit for the clan

if they're not in our clan to participate, then what the fuk are they doing here?!?!

-TELL THEM TO START PARTICIPATING OR GTFO

-these ppl know who they are...and probly wont even look at the forums so we should tell em in game

i know smackdown and urk are active (urk only came to that clan war cuz he was online at the right time) and i dont rly see that as participating since he did not post it in forums

-i also though it was pretty gay that we let ppl that didnt post in the forums, play in that game

kick all the non-active members too...
Back to top Go down
Bird
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas


Posts : 269
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 23
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Like ur idea Ikea, CD will maybe work almost like a "wing" to CN
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy


Posts : 534
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 21
Location : Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Yoshitsune wrote:
i know smackdown and urk are active (urk only came to that clan war cuz he was online at the right time) and i dont rly see that as participating since he did not post it in forums

anyway, about smack, he was afk and now, even if he's playing, he doesn't have time to check the forums and much time 4 events like cws, cuz he has some problems.......parents breaking up etc, so don't kick him anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin


Posts : 753
Join date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:49 am

Ok the idea of Carpe Somnium is positive - let's iron out the details before starting it up!

We would need a couple of rocks in the new clan to oversee and encourage. I could take leadership of carpe somnium with someone taking my place in carpe noctem, although I would retain overall leadership.

The best idea would be for 2 vets to start off carpe somnium, and lead them from there, so if you volunteer speak up! If not i'll take it as leader Very Happy

This is a plan that would be implemented in the next month with invited recruits and pruning/shuffling of carpe noctem, as well as adjusting the idea as needed, so carry on posting your ideas here!
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken


Posts : 1041
Join date : 2009-04-19
Age : 24
Location : Under a bridge.

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:53 am

Dibs on Carpe Somnium.
I'l lead/recruit them newbies.
Teach ropes.

_________________
Restructuring the forum, one edit at a time.
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas


Posts : 292
Join date : 2009-08-09
Age : 20
Location : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:22 am

soo shmek and i (or just shmek) taking control of CN?
Back to top Go down
Veile
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas


Posts : 206
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 27
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:02 am

Ikea = God father, of all both Carpe Noctem/Diem,
Taawus = Right Hand, of Carpe Diem

Shmek and Yoshi = Right Hand / Leader, of Carpe Noctem


did i understand this right ?? :O...
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy


Posts : 534
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 21
Location : Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Veile wrote:
Ikea = God father, of all both Carpe Noctem/Diem,
Taawus = Right Hand, of Carpe Diem

Shmek and Yoshi = Right Hand / Leader, of Carpe Noctem


did i understand this right ?? :O...

i would like to be leader of CarpeSomnium more, counting that i can choose well who to join our NEW clan, depending on their skillz......example: more than 70% of the players in CN have been invited by me and now it's a very good clan [ even ikea has been invited by me ] Razz

soooo.....i think i would be better to manage CS, with yoshi or taawus, of course Razz
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas


Posts : 292
Join date : 2009-08-09
Age : 20
Location : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:10 pm

i like this formation:

CARPE NOCTEN:
leader-ikearumba
first mate-yoshi

CARPE SOMNIUM:
leader-???
first mate-???

candidates:shmek, taawus

i say we run a vote to elect who governs CARPE SOMNIUM

-shall i start the thread now?

(i think this formations pretty good cuz i have the least amount of leadership skills, ike has the most, and shmek and taawus are experienced) idk wat u guys think?
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy


Posts : 534
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 21
Location : Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Yoshitsune wrote:
i like this formation:

CARPE NOCTEN:
leader-ikearumba
first mate-yoshi

CARPE SOMNIUM:
leader-???
first mate-???

candidates:shmek, taawus

i say we run a vote to elect who governs CARPE SOMNIUM

-shall i start the thread now?

(i think this formations pretty good cuz i have the least amount of leadership skills, ike has the most, and shmek and taawus are experienced) idk wat u guys think?

well ur right, but anyway, i think i am better than taawus as leader, from more reasons:
->in CN i cared more than one time about the clan than any other member or really than the clan leader
->i know how to choose skilled pleayers and still players that know what's teamplay, counting than more than 70% players from this clan were invited by me, and now we have a really good clan Razz
->i am more organized than taawus, and i am the only one from CN who is organizing cws
->i have more time than taawus to organize this clan
->i'm experienced in taking good decisions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken


Posts : 1041
Join date : 2009-04-19
Age : 24
Location : Under a bridge.

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 pm

shmekerashu wrote:

well ur right, but anyway, i think i am better than taawus as leader, from more reasons:
->in CN i cared more than one time about the clan than any other member or really than the clan leader
->i know how to choose skilled pleayers and still players that know what's teamplay, counting than more than 70% players from this clan were invited by me, and now we have a really good clan Razz
->i am more organized than taawus, and i am the only one from CN who is organizing cws
->i have more time than taawus to organize this clan
->i'm experienced in taking good decisions Very Happy
-There isn't a method for measuring love so point countered! Razz
-Who invited Inoyoulikeme?
-I can make text understandable and not hurting the eyes Very Happy
-I spend 12 hours (or more) a day on my PC. I don't think you do have more time than I do.
-I'm experienced in making good decisions Very Happy
CONS:
-Unstable activity
-Very ruthless with training newbies
-Powsterlike ego

_________________
Restructuring the forum, one edit at a time.
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy


Posts : 534
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 21
Location : Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Taawus wrote:
shmekerashu wrote:

well ur right, but anyway, i think i am better than taawus as leader, from more reasons:
->in CN i cared more than one time about the clan than any other member or really than the clan leader
->i know how to choose skilled pleayers and still players that know what's teamplay, counting than more than 70% players from this clan were invited by me, and now we have a really good clan Razz
->i am more organized than taawus, and i am the only one from CN who is organizing cws
->i have more time than taawus to organize this clan
->i'm experienced in taking good decisions Very Happy
-There isn't a method for measuring love so point countered! Razz
-Who invited Inoyoulikeme?
-I can make text understandable and not hurting the eyes Very Happy
-I spend 12 hours (or more) a day on my PC. I don't think you do have more time than I do.
-I'm experienced in making good decisions Very Happy
CONS:
-Unstable activity
-Very ruthless with training newbies
-Powsterlike ego

what-what-what?

-so first of all i invited ino, and then he told me to invite woootzz Razz
-2nd of all, what decision so important did u make?
-we both write understandable text
-u may spend more time at the pc / day, but i still play more s2 so i would be better to organise the new clan
-i don't have unstable activity
-i don't train newbies
-i don't have a powsterlike ego

and now really, if u want to be the leader of CS, u can have it, but i'm still better than u at this, AND u know it, u just don't wanna admit it Razz

if u want we can start a voting and see who is better 4 the CS leader place, but i think we already know the answer Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM   

Back to top Go down
 
CN initiative (VOTE DRIVEN) - for formation of Carpe SOMNIUM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Historic F1 tracks vote Part 1 (yes there's a part two)
» Vote for your Fem-Shep!
» [JL4CP] Why I think you should vote for me
» Updated vote shop!
» Charlie Company's formation practise pic's

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CarpeNoctem :: Savage 2 :: General-
Jump to: