CarpeNoctem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Official COIL IRC
Official COIL channel
Savage 2 Irc channel
Savage 2 Irc channel

No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!

Go down 
+4
shmekerashu
Yoshitsune
Taawus
Ikearumba
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Empty
PostSubject: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 am

Hey guys, we don't have a COIL match next week which suits me fine as i'm away in newcastle for the weekend and don't know when i'll be back on the sunday!

I'd like to run a CN sports day sometime in the near future (obs I can't do next weekend, and weekend after i'm RL busy until sunday afternoon) and am collecting ideas for events! I'll work out some sort of prize for the overall winner:

For now, post event ideas and i'll pick the best! (also - do we want more clans in on this for a multi vs clan/vets sports day or just CN?)

Event ideas:

King of the Tempests : everyone starts with a tempest same distance from a tower, once started they have 2 mins to be the last tempest standing at the top of the tower to win.

Rangewhore Snipa : 3 shots, furthest distance to snipe a chiprel.

Steambuchet rally : Once around a map of choice (not willow.) Use of flaming meteors is encouraged.

Add in any other ideas and if you think this should be a multiclan event!
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Also team deathmatch using MMBOW.
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune
Triple fat Malphas
Triple fat Malphas
Yoshitsune

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:18 pm

king of the tempests Smile, steambuchet rally sounds good too
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 pm

i have another idea!

on any map WITH a mid mine, we get 4 conjs mid [ cn members ] and 4 marksman [that starts 2 at the sh and 2 at the lair ] ......( the numbers may vary Razz )

the 4mm objective: vanish and get to mid then backstab the mine as fast as u can! [ this sounds easy now, but read the next things ]

the 4conjs objective: try to see the mms coming and do as much as they can to stop them backstab the mid goldmine......the root is a good thing but first u must concentrate and see the mms Razz

but there is a catch!
we'll make it with POINTS, and the 4mms will go 3tries, then they change places with the conjs Razz

The Pts:
3pts for getting the fastest to mid and backstabbing it
2pts for getting 2nd .....................................................
1pts for getting 3rd ......................................................
0pts for getting 4th or getting killed by conj

3pts if u see at least 2mm and kill at lease one
2pts if u kill a mm
1pts if u see a mm [ this means to hit him at least one time and make him visible ]
0pts if u are a useless conj

then we write every round statistics (6rounds, counting that there are 3 when u are mm and 3 when u are conj) and calculate the total pts, and we'll get a WINNER!

[ hope it was a good idea, even if it's kinda' complex ]
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:27 am

Sacrifice Wars.
Similiar to pug, two captains pick their players.
Captains take Tempests and everyone else SS.
Objective is to take out the enemy tempest only with pushback and sacrifice.
This game is played in the warmup.
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:06 am

I like the sac wars idea, think a ninja game would be good but that one might need some streamlining to speed it up a bit.

I take it this means you want other clans to be invited as well?
Back to top Go down
Taawus
Maliken
Maliken
Taawus

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 am

More the merrier I would say !
Back to top Go down
Eragom
Admin
Admin
Eragom

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:13 am

Maybe you would like me, to make a own map for one of these game-ideas?
We could make something like our own CN-map^^
Tell me what do you think about (help is welcome, good if you know how to script but not necessary, better if you know how to design the map, so terraining)
Back to top Go down
https://carpenoctem.forumieren.com
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:29 pm

A custom map for the event would be awesome, but we can do most of them on maps available already as well Smile

A map like a savage 2 olympic stadium? Probs a bit too ambitious!

As we are going to open this event up to other clans/players i'll drop a post on the official S2 forums to get peoples ideas and a general idea of who/how many would come along. (we can always organise in IRC and join for events if there's lots)

I'll wait for us to get a good idea of a general event list first though (will post it in a day or two)- and maybe run it after COIL finishes?

Not played around with the S2 mod tools, most of my mod work has been using cookie cutter settings (NWN, Fallout 3, Freespace 2, Q2edit etc) so not sure how much help i'd be there, i'll concentrate on the organisation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shmekerashu
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
Hunter with lungs+frenzy
shmekerashu

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:39 pm

i'm ok with the CN map......but u still didn't said what do u think about MY idea >_<
Back to top Go down
Ikearumba
Admin
Admin
Ikearumba

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Yes I did shmek, did you not read my posts properly? Smile

I've got a new plan for this sports day - we turn it into a weekly event with open invites, with custom sig as the prize each week. Im thinking of doing it on Tuesday evenings, mainly because i'm busy so many weekends and COIL is sunday already! (I know this means that the american contingent are disadvantaged by being at school/work, but what can I do??)

Going to post the idea on the S2 forum with King of the Tempests as week 1, and steambuchet rally as week 2 (we can iron out the others in the meantime!)
Back to top Go down
Jambo72
Marksman
Marksman

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:32 am

poked around and i'm free if it's going on, also, you could play tennis with a sacrificing SS between two tempests, heh, would be winnar.
Back to top Go down
xnixnix
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion
xnixnix

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:38 am

Jambo72 wrote:
poked around and i'm free if it's going on, also, you could play tennis with a sacrificing SS between two tempests, heh, would be winnar.

That is a great idea! Maybe make a small map with ramps so they fly further! Have you ever blown a shaman away with a tempest in warmup? He is soo light he really flies like a feather. Maybe Mbomber could make a small mod to
further decrease the weight of the saccer to make blow the saccerball back and forth even more fun.
Back to top Go down
Laurence the Numbrained
You honor the Legion
You honor the Legion

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:22 pm

ye and increase the AoE/damage of sac so it was possible
Back to top Go down
Jambo72
Marksman
Marksman

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:25 pm

You got a point there Numb, forgot 1 sac wouldn't kill a tempest :<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!   No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No COIL match next week - Next CN event : CN sports day!
Page 1 of 1